Comments from the Jury:
- This house is simply designed in two gabled wings across two floors. The wings are set slightly askew to frame the Lake and to maximize views out to the adjacent preserve land on the southeast.
- We loved the simple contrast of the 1x6 wood used both on the inside and outside.
- The exterior boards and trim are stained a solid charcoal to match the windows and roof. With this all being a uniform color, the house appears to be a sculpted form on the hill.
- On the interior, rooms are beautifully finished entirely in white oak, with white surfaces complementing the oak.
- This restrained palette serves as a backdrop for an eclectic mix of furniture and art.