THE 34TH ANNUAL RHODE ISLAND STATEWIDE HISTORIC PRESERVATION CONFERENCE
AIA Rhode Island is a proud partner of the Rhode Island Historical Preservation & Heritage Commission's annual conference. This year the preservation conference is bound for East Providence — a longtime leisure destination known for its historic amusement parks, clubs, golf courses, and extensive bike trails. The 34th Annual Rhode Island Statewide Historic Preservation Conference will explore the architecture and history of leisure in Rhode Island, including:
- Preservationof historic sports and recreation facilities
- Planning for recreation trails in historic settings
- Historic roadside architecture
- Dynamic interpretive/programming initiatives
- Landscape conservation projects
The conference is a program of the Rhode Island Historical Preservation & Heritage Commission with the City of East Providence, East Providence Historical Society, and other partners. This conference is approved for 6.5 LU.