We invite you to become a member today. Find out below which membership type is the right one for you. Learn about the benefits of joining us as a member, on our member benefits page.
Architect Member (AIA) Join
Membership is open to individual architects, licensed to practice architecture in a U.S. State or Territory. Joining AIA Rhode Island welcomes you at once into AIA National and into the community of our local chapter. Costs: AIAri Membership Categories (pdf)
Associate Member (Assoc. AIA) Join
Associate membership is open to individuals, without an architectural license from a U.S. licensing authority who meet one of the following criteria:
- Has a professional degree in architecture.
- Working towards architect licensure (i.e. enrolled in AXP or an ARE candidate*).
- Works under the supervision of an architect.
- Is a faculty member in a university program in architecture.
- Has an architectural license or the equivalent from a non-U.S. licensing authority (for International Associate Membership).
Joining AIA Rhode Island welcomes you at once into AIA National and into the community of our local chapter. Costs: AIAri Membership Categories (pdf)
*Licensure Candidates should submit a completed dues waiver which will reduce local Associate member dues: Associate Member Dues Waiver for Licensure Candidates (pdf)
Allied Member (Allied Member of the Rhode Island Chapter of the American Institute of Architects)
- Individual Allied Members: Those with established professional reputations who are registered to practice their professions where such requirements exist, or persons who are employed outside of architectural practice but are involved in positions allied to the field of architecture. Individual Allied members may include engineers, planners, landscape architects, sculptors, muralists, artists, and others in government, education, journalism, manufacturing, industry and/or other fields allied to architecture.
- Organizational Representatives:
Those who are employed by firms in the construction industry engaged in research, design, development, testing, manufacture, distribution, or training for building and construction products or systems.
Allied members do not qualify for AIA or Associate AIA membership. Annual dues are $150. Contact Roni for more information.
Corporate Partner (Includes individual Allied Membership)
Rhode Island’s rich architectural landscape is the result of architects working alongside engineers, interior designers, developers, contractors, and manufacturers as a team. If you’re looking for ways to market your brand, product and services to our local architects, join our team today as a Corporate Partner Member. From invitations to networking events, discounts on our programs and opportunities for company publicity in our chapter publications, Corporate Partner Membership is a great means of connecting with our community of architects and industry professionals.
We’re pleased to further invite up to four employees as your organizational representatives to become AIA Rhode Island Allied Members as part of your Corporate Partner Membership program.
Corporate Partner Membership is offered at two levels, $500 for Sponsors and $2500 for Patrons. 2020-21 Support Options (pdf).
To join, please complete this downloadable form and mail us a check made out to: AIA Rhode Island at PO Box 9325 Providence, RI 02940.
Membership upgrade: Associate to Architect Form
Membership transfer: Chapter Transfer Request Form