We are pleased to announce our 2018 Design Awards juried by our friends from AIA Akron, OH!
At our Annual Meeting, new officers & members were elected to the 2019 Board.
- President Daniel A. Kwasniewski, AIA (2019)
- Vice President/ President-elect Jonathan M. Taylor, AIA (2019)
- Secretary Nick Koulbanis, AIA (2019-2020)
- Treasurer Timothy Kennedy, AIA (2018-2019)
- Past President Eric N. Zuena, AIA (2019)
Directors Directors at-large
Tickets for 2018 Design Awards and event details are available on the Design Awards page of the web site, also here: Link
See you there!
List of AIA Contract Documents that are retiring: Link
The list includes retirement dates, and the numbers and editions of replacements. Retired documents can not be created or finalized in ACD5 software; the newer version will need to be used.
September 28, 2018 - IMPORTANT NOTICE from the Rhode Island Board of Examination and Registration of Architects
To: RHODE ISLAND REGISTERED ARCHITECTS
Subject: Rules and Regulations Change Reminder - Continuing Education Requirement, Effective January 1, 2016
The Rhode Island Board of Examination and Registration of Architects (“Board”) is in the process of conducting its first continuing education hours (CEHs) audit, since the requirement change went into effect on January 1, 2016.
The continuing education audit process has revealed that there seems to be some confusion with the continuing education hours (CEHs) requirement.
The Board’s Continuing Education requirements are consistent with the NCARB Model Regulations.
• Effective for the 2016-2017 reporting period, a minimum of 12 Continuing Education Hours (CEHs) each year, all of which must be in HSW, are due with the biennial renewal application due on December 31st of the odd numbered years.
• Excess CEHs may not be credited to a future calendar year.
• A more expansive definition of structured education activities that can be used was defined.
• Recordkeeping requirements were clarified and updated.
• A process for satisfying the continuing education requirement if credits obtained are not approved by the Board was outlined.
For the most recent version of the Rules and Regulations, please visit the Board’s website at the following link: link